Thursday, February 16, 2012

Let's Talk Tangerine Tango

Let's tango! Tangerine Tango (PANTONE 17-1463) is Pantone's Colour of the Year for 2012. Fashion wise, I usually stay away from orange. I'm blonde with fair skin. Orange seems to clash with my skin tone, and I'm also hesitant to dress in bright yellows or reds. But I love the choice of a bold and daring colour this year. The elegance and cheerfulness of the ever-growing-popular orange blended with a lighter shade or red screams perfection.

There are many ways that you can incorporate tangerine tango into your design scheme:
 1. Recently, Graham & Brown released their own Tangerine Tango related wallpapers and decor. There are several reasons why I love this company: their patterns are brilliant, innovative, and they're always coming out with new trends and collections. Every time I check their website I see something new that I love. The red and tangerine colours blend brilliantly with eye-catching blacks and whites.
 2. If you're daring enough, Tangerine Tango looks awesome as a wall colour for your entire space (or you can use it as a feature wall colour). 
3. It gives such happy, upbeat vibes that it's hard to resist.
4. This elegant dining space used tangerine tango on the ceiling! I love how the colour also pops through the back of the chairs and accessories. Who knew that a ceiling could become such a statement piece?!
5. I love, love, love the idea of painting the backs of cabinets and shelves. This muted version of Tangerine Tango looks magnificent combined with a dusty rose colour.

 These patterns were inspired by 2012's Colour of the Year. As you can see, there are many avenues that you can go down when incorporating Tangerine Tango into your fabrics. My personal faves: the white-and-orange zig-zag pattern looks fresh, young, modern and fun. The scissor pattern is very cute. I can see that going over well with fashion designers, interior designers...or anyone crafty!

What do you think of Pantone's 2012 colour choice? What are some of your ideas for using Tangerine Tango?






No comments:

Post a Comment