Saturday, March 24, 2012

Beautiful Artwork for an Inspiring & Colourful Weekend


Initially, I had something else planned for my Saturday post. But I literally stumbled across Tom Antil's artwork and felt compelled to share it. Antil's series of Vancouver Impressions is "a unique collection of limited edition prints that captures the true charm of local Vancouver landscapes and architecture." I was blown away by his use of radiant and vivid colour as well as the attention to detail. What I love about Antil's pieces are the blend of inspiration from different genres. Impressionist (form), pointillists (in terms of style), fauvists (for the choice of colours) and folk art (for the mural-like qualities and street scenes). My hope is that the colours inspire you and make you feel happy. Which painting is your favourite and what do you love about this artwork? Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment