Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Inspirational Spaces ~ Modern Day Chateau de Frontenay

 Photographs by Tim Beddow

Who hasn't had the fantasy of living in a castle? And if you're anything like me, you've wondered what a modern day castle may look like. When I came across these recent images of the 16th-Century Chateau de Frontenay in the Architectural Digest archives, I got my answers. Who can resist the tree-lined driveway, the modern outdoor pool or the simple breakfast setting on the gravel-covered veranda? What I like about this space is that it kept its historical roots without loosing its modern-day appeal. My favourite room? The kitchen! I'm drooling over the navy-and-gold appliances. They have a regal flare to them, something that's definitely fit for a King. I'm also a big fan of the kitchen's neo-Gothic millwork a well as the romantic and serene energy that exudes from the entire space, especially the outdoors! What do you like about this castle and which room is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment