Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lamps That "Rock" ~ Incorporating Crystals Into Your Design Scheme

 1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4

I guess I'm what you call a modern-day hippie. So imagine my excitement when I came across these natural and beautiful rock crystal table lamps. Usually I wear crystals around my neck (on a chain) for protection but I've discussed using rocks - such as amethyst and malachite - for design purposes. I truly believe in the addition of these magical gems into your design scheme. Not only are they absolutely beautiful to the eye but they are also healing for the spirit. For example, calcite increases and amplifies energy. Amethyst is used for relieving stress, balancing mood swings and dispelling anger, fear or anxiety. Quartz - known as the "universal stone" - is the most recognized type of stone and comes in many forms. One of my favourites is rose quartz, which is the love stone. It's easy to create a modern flare to your rock crystal lamp by adding in a funky lampshade or an eye-catching base. My favourite is the clear Lucite base on the honeycomb coloured calcite lamp. Which lamp is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment