Saturday, March 17, 2012

Inspirational Spaces for a Beautiful Weekend ~ Alfresco Style

Design: Deirdre Heekin & Caleb Barber    ~       Photography: Ditte Isager
Every once in awhile I come across a space that literally ignites my inspirational juices. For many, their dream home consists of a grand and glorious mansion. Although a mansion would be nice, for me personally, there would be too much space wasted. This cottage in Vermont (which was once a summer camp) is very close to my idea of home perfection. It's quaint, cozy and full of character. It's surrounded by nature, rustic yet modern at the same time, and exudes a bohemian-chic flare. I love the luminous shade of blue on the wall which pops against the grey wall in front of it. I also adore the office space and how messy and cluttered it looks -- but in an organized way. And the inspiration/vision boards are a beautiful touch. They make me inspired just looking at them! This space definitely has an urban-country look to it combined with a mix-and-match of styles from different areas (like the King Louis XIV-inspired Hanna chair, slip covered settee and the Barcelona chair in the living room). And books, books -- so many books (and alcohol!) I can take a few guesses as to what the owners like to do in their spare time! An essemblage of old and new, this space certainly expresses layers of time, love, living and memories. Do you love this home as much as I do? What is your favourite thing about this space?

I hope you have a relaxing and rejuvenating Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment