Friday, May 25, 2012

{The Art of Photo Hanging} 3 Different Ways to Battle Bare Walls

Images Clockwise from the left: Apartment Therapy, Poppytalk, Domino Magazine

Just another short-but-sweet post from me today as I prepare for tomorrow's Blog Podium event. It's my first time attending and I'm excited about the knowledge that I'll be receiving, the possibilities that are within reach, and the connections I will create with fellow creative gurus. {Stay tuned for more posts about the event!} With that being said, yesterday's post was all about hanging plates on the walls. Today, it's all about tackling that boring, blank canvas {a.k.a. the dreaded blank walls that everyone seems to fear}. For many of us, blank walls mean one thing: unfinished. I've been impressed how people have chosen to hang their frames, in unique and often inspiring ways which brings forth how skilled we can be at balance, perspective, shapes and synergy. These three photos show photos hanging in different methods. Which one is your favourite? I'm partial to the bedroom scene in which framed portraits of various silhouettes seem to dance along the wall. Maybe I just like the vintage look of the space. What's your pick? Happy Thursday, gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment