Thursday, May 31, 2012

{Fairytale Fabrics} Illustrative & Fun Fabrics With a Historical Twist


I've been noticing a more recent trend toward fabric designs that are illustrative and have a hand-drawn quality. As a result, I thought I'd show you a few of my favourites {that also have a little historical twist}. So if you're a design and history lover, you'll love this. The first two fabrics are by Pierre Frey, and the first was inspired by promotional brochures advertising holidays in the 1950s. It has a nostalgic vibe to it and is sophisticated and playful at the same time. The second arboretum textile was inspired by botanical sketches often found in children's books. I thought the textile from Zoffany featuring 19th-Century London was really cool because of all of the detail. Check it out! A beautifully drawn map of nineteenth century London with detail right down to street level! Finally, Lewis & Wood's history of birds print was designed by the 17th-Century naturalist Thomas Bewick and is charming, uplifting and all around lovely. Which one is your favourite? Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh I have a fabric addiction and you just gave me a few more hits. Yes inappropriate, but I do have a fabric addiction.

    ReplyDelete