Monday, April 30, 2012

Inspirational Spaces ~ Ore Studios {Spruce Street}

 Images from Ore Studios

This week's inspirational space is a doozy of delightful design. I recently discovered Ore Studios and I cannot get enough of the design duo made up of Andy Beers and Clara Scarola. Their design schemes don't fit any specific genre or style but their work is always fresh, colourful and fun - which I love - and I also enjoy that they mix up their design esthetics. The house on Spruce Street is actually Clara's home in New Mexico. I love the use of sustainable materials and how the designers kept the integrity of the original home where possible (like refinishing the hardwood floors). You can easily see the mix of vintage pieces with modern ones and I loved how patterns and colours are a recurring theme throughout the house. The design is simple, not too cluttered, but has a lot of pop and presence. I will definitely be featuring more inspirational spaces by Ore Studios in the upcoming weeks. What is your favourite thing about this space? Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Especially that bold red ottoman!! And that teak arm chair... To die for!

    ReplyDelete